Saturday, March 31, 2012

If I had a penny for every tear

Tears. Tears. Tears.
Cry. Cry. Cry.
Repeat.

I read once that crying isn't a sign of weakness, its just a sign that you've fought a tough fight. I must be a freaking warrior.

Tears roll down my cheeks daily. Over this or that, but always over something. I am a disaster, a wreck, constantly. Something always sets me off or makes me think I am not worthy. I am not quite sure what to do at this point.

I try to trust you. But you don't give me the love or respect I deserve. So then I try to move on, and that is a failure as well.

So instead, I just cry. I cry because I miss you. I cry because I mess everything up, repeatedly. I simply cry because I don't know what else to do.

So from today forward, I will stop crying over you. I will let things be. I will not worry about where you are or who you are with, but instead, I have to love myself. I have to love who I am and what I am, without you. This is going to be rough. But this is what I need.

If only I had a penny for every tear I've shed over you..

No comments:

Post a Comment